Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shop Your Closet: J. Crew Display

Shop Your Closet is a feature where I find some inspiration and then go shopping in my closet to recreate it. This way I am exercising my creativity without spending any money.

Last week I went shopping with Ashley and we went into the J. Crew store. They had a display of mannequins showing off the color blocking trend. They were using brightly colored tops tucked into equally bright shorts with colored belts.

One of the outfits was composed of dark purple shorts, a light purple top (or maybe it was vice-versa) with a yellow belts. I am not a fan of purple and yellow together (long story). Ashley commented on the outfit, but I wasn't sure I liked it.
(I am pulling a face at all the mosquitoes swarming us!)

Later, when I got home, I was looking in my closet at this favorite dress and the J. Crew outfit came to mind. I put it together and actually liked it, despite the horrid colors. I wore this outfit to church.

Dress: Local boutique, Blazer: Target, Shoes: Walmart, Belt: Made by me

What inspires you when you get dressed? Link it up and show it off!

blog 50 dpi


 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger