Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shop Your Closet: Mixing Patterns

Shop Your Closet is a feature where I find an outfit I like and then go shopping in my closet to recreate it. This way I am exercising my creativity without spending any money.

A month or so ago a local television show did a feature on mixing patterns. Their tips to mix patterns are the following:

1. Mix florals with geometric patterns
2. Choose a theme (like nautical)
3. Choose a color scheme

Click here to read the whole article and watch the video.

When this article came out I was in the middle of 30 for 30 so I tried to follow the advice with what I had in my 30 for 30 picks.

I sort of went with the nautical theme in this one, but not really. It is mixing the geometric and floral patterns though.


In this one I chose a color scheme and mixed the geometric and floral again.


Finally, I used the same shirt again to mix geometric with floral.


Now that 30 for 30 is over I need to go through the rest of my clothes and find other ways to do this. It was fun!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger